August 19, 2008

Not so Good

I forgot to mention that while we were in Utah at Madison's dinner after the wedding, Brynn choked on a jellybean. I mean really choked. Like I had to rip her from Dani's lap and throw her over my lap and hit her on the back with the bottom of my palm. It was terrifying. She cried and cried after so we were walking around the halls of the Lion House and when she calmed down she was so mad at me! The first thing she said when she stopped crying was, "Don't knock me over and don't hit Brynee." The poor girl didn't understand that I was helping her get the jelly bean out, she thought I just decided to rough her up a bit. Isn't that so sad?! Now I totally feel like a mean mommy because she thinks it's funny if we are out to dinner or at the store and she will just start yelling at me for knocking her over and hitting her. It's terrible and so embarassing. I can only imagine what people think.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

oh man kids are so funny, but you did the right thing. you are an amazing mommy! that is so scary!

Cal said...

that would be embarrassing, now people think that you beat your child when you were really just saving her life. She is funny. when are you all having more kids???? reading about her makes me laugh and want a girl!

Unknown said...

Your choking story was so scary! That terrifies me. I'm not sure I would know what to do. You handled it so well even though she was upset with you!