August 11, 2008

Damn Airlines (yes I said damn and you'll see why)

Brynn looking out the window for the first flight. It was the first time she had her own seat and she LOVED it. She's my little jet setter.
Jammin on Aunt Dani's I-Pod while we are waiting. Notice that she is just in a diaper, her mom was completely oblivious to changing her and she peed through onto her pants so we had to dry them under a hand dryer in the bathroom. Poor kid.
We convinced her the moving walkways were a way fun ride and we had to ride them constantly for at least 3 hours. Fun stuff!

So we did what we were supposed to do. We bought the tickets months in advance, we kept our bags under the required weight limits and we showed up 1 1/2 hours prior to departure time. Only to find out that they cancelled our first flight because of weather problems in Houston so we were moved to a later flight which of course throws our second flight back. The original flight was supposed to leave at 3:22 and get into Salt Lake at 8:35. We left Monroe at 5:55 and got into Salt Lake at 1:10am. Yes you heard me right, AM!!! Now that is pretty rediculous to me when all they need to do is get me there on time, with a 2 yr old and all of her stuff, that's not asking too much. We were in the houston airport wandering around for almost 6 hours. I have to admit that I am pretty lucky because even up until the 11:30 take off out of Houston Brynn was smiling and waving at everyone that walked past her seat. It was a rough start to the trip but my girl was amazing.

0 comments: