June 30, 2008

Our Entertaining Judicial System

So back in April I got pulled over as I pulled into my driveway, aparently I was speeding earlier down the road. He wrote me up for 15 over, I know there's no way I was going that fast, and I was really not happy about it. I haven't had a speeding ticket in 6 years! So when my court date came I was ready and I realized really fast that they mean business. No cell phones, no leaving to use the restroom, if you have a baby with you that starts crying you have to leave but you aren't allowed back in the room, no shorts allowed and all guys had to have belts on their pants, their pants at their waist and their shirts tucked in. Thank goodness the names were called in alphabetical order because there were easily more than 200 people in there. So the judge called me up and asked what happened, I told her I have a 2 yr old that was distracting meso I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going. Then to my surprise she said all of my fines and costs were waived and I was free to go. First time ever in my life that I got out of a ticket! The judge must've been a mom.

0 comments: