April 22, 2008

Louisiana

Here is an update for everyone I haven't talked to forever about how we ended up in Louisiana. My dad randomly owns 18 Jiffy Lubes throughout the state. My family moved to Louisiana in August of 2004 and I swore I would never live there. It's an ok place to visit for a few days but that's about all I could handle. Well then little Miss Brynlee decided to come along in May 2006. I worked for Selecthealth (IHC) for 6 years up to that point and loved every minute of it. Tim on the other hand hated his job. In August my dad said he had a manager that would be leaving and offered Tim the position and said that he would pay him what we were both making combined. Good deal right? There was a catch, we had to be there by October. So not only did I have a newborn, I was going to be leaving the best job ever, leaving the only place I will ever consider home and moving 2000 miles away from everything I have ever known. Oh and for those that don't know, we weren't married at the time but that was another thing we added to the list when we moved. Now, I consider myself an adaptable person. I lived in Costa Rica for 2 months and that does not even compare to how much of a different world the south is. The first year I stayed home with Brynn. I love my baby girl but I damn near lost my mind. The weather is miserable, I knew no one and I was not working for the first time sinse I was 14. It's safe to say I went a little crazy. I started working last September and that did take the edge off but Brynn has been sick literally sinse the day she started school. Anyway, this totally sounds like a depressing post. One good thing I have learned by reading alot of blogs that pretty much everyone that grew up in Utah ends up back in Utah at some point and I'm sure that time will come for me at some point. That should update all you newbies, yes there are alot of surprising facts in this, feel free to ask questions. I promise the next post will be more happy!

4 comments:

Sarah M said...

hey thanks, i was wondering how you ended up in monroe, louisana. so random. did you meet tim in utah? i wasn't so keen on where i now live for a while either but it is really growing on me, i like it here now. i really missed slc for awhile but now i am relishing in where my life has taken me (and secretly hope, too, that someday we find our way back to the slc area).

Lacey said...

oh excellent post, it is so good to know more about where you went and how you got where you are and everything. so interesting. i hope you can find something positive about where you live?

lauren ann said...

You are awesome Teresa. Thanks for filling me in...I was trying to put all the pieces together about how you ended up in the big L. What a rollercoaster/adventure. Do you ever come back to Utah to visit? If so don't forget to look me up.

Teresa said...

Yes Louisiana is extremely random. I really have given it everything I can but it will never be home. Yes Tim and I met in Utah about 6 years ago. We were friends for a while then dated on and off for 2 years before we got married. We are actually coming to utah for a week the first week of June because one of my sisters is getting married and I'll be back in August when another sister gets married. I'm really hoping we will be moved back by then though because the summers here are brutal!