April 14, 2008

DALLAS



First I have to point out the picture of our rental car...... right....... this thing is worth more than our house. Tim and I went to Dallas for the weekend and I came home kicking and screaming. I love the city, any big city, Tim says I'm obsessed with concrete. Anyway, I had never been to Dallas except for a few layovers at the airport and with it being just 4 hours away I've decided we need to go back much more often. It was so pretty and the weather was great and my parents watched Brynn so it was a much needed break. When we got into town friday we decided to get ready for dinner because we had made reservations at a sushi restaurant called Fuse and we were pretty famished after the drive. I found the restaurant on restaurant.com and we were very pleased to say the least. We had such a great time and the food was fabulous! Easily the best sushi and calamari we have ever had. Saturday we woke up early and had breakfast then we went golfing. It was so much fun! Neither one of us gets to go very often sinse Brynn was born though we have become regulars at the driving range in Natchitoches. Anyways, I'm wishing I would've gotten more pictures of the course because it was so pretty! It was in the middle of a hoity toity hilly (because there really aren't mountains there) neighborhood and it was just the break we needed. After that we went to lunch then got ready for the game! Pictures of that will be on the next post. We just wanted to say thank you to Grandma Jillyn, Grandpa Dwight, Aunt Lacie, Aunt Dani and everyone else that helped out with Brynn so we could go. She had such a good time we just might have to make it a regular destination!



2 comments:

Cal said...

I am jealous. I need to get away, I would be happy with Vernal or Provo, just get me out of the house! I am glad that you guys had fun, your hair is sooo long. I am happy that you guys are doing good. love ya
Callee

nbzern said...

I'm jealous. I loved living in Dallas, and now you can see why i left kicking and screaming. I was mad at my dad for a good year. I'm glad that you and tim were able to get a getaway. I'm so excited to see you guys in a month or so for the wedding! Hope all is going well.

Nan