January 5, 2009

More Nawlins

So the game was Friday night and we were only planning on staying that night but we had a fantastic hotel room and really didn't want to get back in the car again Saturday so we decided to stay an extra day. Tim hadn't been there before so I took it upon myself to be his personal tour guide. And Brynn is probably the only 2 yr old I know that can say she's been on Bourbon Street. I'm just glad we went during the day. Haha!
This is downtown New Orleans, obviously I didn't take this picture but the ones we took of downtown were drive bys on the freeway and they didn't turn out very well.
This is the view from our hotel room! I am a spaz for nice hotel rooms and with a little extra planning at just the right time I usually find a pretty screamin deal on them too. We were on the 14th floor and overlooked Lake Pontchartrain in New Orleans. This road is a Causeway that goes right through the middle of the lake. If you look carefully you can see the reflection of my camera in the picture. Oops!
This is a picture of a cemetery. Parts of New Orleans are actually below sea level so they can't dig graves. If you aren't cremated you are buried in one of these huge cement blocks. It's a little creepy.
This is a little tug-boat pushing a barge up the Mississippi River. Brynn LOVED the boats and watching the seagulls and listening to them talk to her.

Me and my girl.
Decatur Street in downtown New Orleans.
Jackson Square.
Tim & Brynn at Cafe Du Monde. My mom's favorite part of New Orleans. I don't think I've ever been to New Orleans and not come here. So yummy.
I love, love, love the architecture in this city. It's so pretty and they don't have anything like it anywhere else. It's one of those places you either love it or you hate it. My dad doesn't understand what all the hypes about and I don't think Tim did either but he played along.
Brynn at dinner. This girl was a gem the entire trip. We actually left home on Thursday and stayed in Jackson Mississippi because that was the halfway point. Then we drove another 2 1/2 hours to New Orleans on Friday and were up until almost 1am because of the game. Then we were doing the tourist thing Saturday so she didn't get a nap, again. And Sunday we wandered around downtown until almost 2 before hitting the road for 5 hours to get home. That is a lot of driving and stroller time and she was such a good girl the entire time. I absolutely love this age! I wish she could be 2 forever.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

brynn is seriously so cute! I love her pigtails! i am jealous that you got to go on a trip. i don't care where it is as long as I get to stay in a hotel and just see different things. new orleans looks really cool. Thanks for the pics, I can live vicariously through you!

lauren ann said...

Looks like so much fun. Brynn is so photogenic and I am loving the brown hair!

The Allen Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I have always wanted to go there. & that's so much fun that you were able to go to the Utes game! Awesome!

Cal said...

I am so jealous. It looks so beautiful and quaint there. Brynn is such a doll.She must have got that from you. btw- I love the brunette hair on you.