May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


It's so sad but this is the only picture I have of me and my mom. I need to get a scanner because I have alot of old ones but this is the only one that's digital. Anyway, it's a 4 generation picture of Brynn, Me, my Mom, and my Mom's Mom at my wedding. Notice Brynn's hair, it looks like she's wearing a bad tupe'. Even though my mom is internet challenged, she can run Quickbooks like a pro but is the only person I know that doesn't have an email address, I wanted to tell everyone else how great I think she is. I've always known my mom was super woman. She raised 8 kids, she never missed a soccer practice or dance lesson, she can pull off dinner for 50 like it's an everyday event, she does at least 15 loads of laundry a week, she knows the grocery store like the back of her hand and she's married to my dad, enough said. And even though I've always known these things about her, I noticed it alot more once I became a mom myself and I can honestly say I don't know how she does it. I used to watch the kids for a week or 2 while her and my dad would go out of town and I always forgot at least one proctice somewhere, never cooked and had a nervous breakdown when it was laundry time. She has helped me so much with Brynn, there is nothing she doesn't know or hasn't been through when it comes to kids. I have called her on numerous occasions at midnight to find out what the best thing is for a fever or teething or just because Brynn was crying and I didn't know what to do. She has probably saved me hundreds in doctors bills! When I was pregnant everyone would ask if I was scared to be a mom, and honestly I never was, because I learned from the best. Love you mom!!!!

1 comments:

Lacey said...

oh your mom is so cute. i remember she was always so nice to me. i am sure you are an amazing mom because of her example!